Snap On Chokes
Eliminate Radio Frequency Interference
|It's as Easy As . . .|
Modern electronic equipment, both entertainment and industrial are frequently plagued with radio frequency interference (RFI) from external sources. This interference can severely affect the performance of your equipment. Snap-On Chokes can help eliminate interference:
- They are the most widely applicable interference filters
- Useful on Antennas, Digital data, Audio, Telephone and Power cables
- Will not void manufacturers warranty
- Fits on to Small cables, Large cables and Ribbon cables
- They are effective from 0.5 MHz to 200 MHz
- No need for re-wiring of connectors or cables
- They do not affect the safety or function of equipment
- They can be used as singles or connected together
- "Common mode" not "Differential mode"
- These filters do not ground earth connections
- They reduce interference picked up or radiated by interconnecting cables
- They reduce trouble from "Electrostatic Discharge" from people to equipment
The Snap-on Choke is an irresponsive device which has proven to be effective in attenuating unbalanced currents in multi-conductor cables connected to electronic equipment. A number of chokes can be applied together if necessary, thus providing flexibility in the solution of interference problems. These chokes may be used with a variety of cable sizes and are easily installed by the non technical user
Snap-on Chokes can be installed on cable up to 10mm in diameter without any access to the ends and without the risk of voiding any equipment warranty. For rigid cables several pairs of cores can be connected together and for flexible cables multiple turns may be fashioned to provide a substantial impedance to interfering currents.
Comparison to other products is not possible. The nearest equivalent product is the simple toroidal core which is difficult to apply and has unspecified performance.
*** There are a quantity of 3 chokes per package ***