MFJ 266 HF/VHF/UHF Antenna Analyzers MFJ-266
Antenna Analyzer, HF/VHF, Antenna/SWR/RF, LCD, 1.5-185/300-490 MHz, Type N, Female, 12 Vdc, Each
Get all of the basic RF-diagnostic functions that you need and more by using one of these MFJ 266 HF/VHF/UHF antenna analyzers. They cover HF and VHF, plus UHF amateur and commercial frequencies with digital precision. They also display SWR, complex impedance, and impedance magnitude simultaneously, all on the same easy-to-read LCD screen. Use them to measure capacitance, inductance, field strength, and frequency, plus generate test signals. You can also fine-tune stubs, analyze coax, test baluns and RF transformers, and perform many other important RF-related tasks around the shack or on the road! When it comes to simplicity and convenience, the MFJ 266 HF/VHF/UHF antenna analyzers are not only easy to use, but they also fit comfortably in one hand for on-the-fly measurements on the bench or in the field. The velvet-smooth 10:1 vernier drive and solid-state varicap make fine tuning a breeze, and a built-in dial lock prevents accidental detuning while measuring.
* Frequency coverage: Covers all bases from 160 meters through 6 meters, the FM broadcast band, airband, 2 meters, 70 cm, plus VHF/UHF commercial 2-way frequencies:
- Band A: 1.5 to 2.7 MHz
- Band B: 2.5 to 4.8 MHz
- Band C: 4.6 to 9.6 MHz
- Band D: 8.5 to 18.7 MHz
- Band E: 17.3 to 39 MHz
- Band F: 33.7 to 65 MHz
- Band V: 85 to 185 MHz
- Band U: 300-490 MHz
* SWR, impedance magnitude, and complex impedance: In SWR mode, they read SWR 1:1 to 9.9:1, impedance magnitude 10-500 ohms and complex impedance (resistance and reactance). Display all three parameters simultaneously and operating frequency with one quick glance.
* Capacitance and inductance: Find values for unknown capacitance in pF or unknown inductance in uH quickly. Measurements made at RF frequencies rather than low audio frequencies used by many handheld L/C meters.
* Frequency measurement, field strength readings: In frequency-counter mode, they become accurate 500 MHz counters with a choice of 1 kHz or 100 Hz resolution. The counter mode also features a high-resolution digital field-strength meter for measuring relative intensity of incoming signals. Together, these functions are extremely useful for checking the operation of oscillators and transmitters and assessing the strength of radiated signals from antenna arrays.
* Built-in interference detection: In frequency counter mode, they track down powerful local signals that can disrupt accurate SWR measurements. When picked up by antenna under test, these signals may compete with the analyzer's internally generated test signal to make SWR readings appear artificially high. All handheld antenna bridges are subject to additive interference, but only the MFJ 266 antenna analyzers can detect the presence of an offending signal, display its severity, and identify the operating frequency!
* Powerful tunable signal source: They supply about 2 V peak-to-peak across the entire tuning range. You can use this signal to drive mixers, low-power amplifier stages, or filters, and check antenna patterns on a range. Add a step attenuator, and they become low-level signal sources for testing receivers and pre-amps.
* User-friendly layout: Ergonomic design with the antenna N-connector positioned on top of the case and everything else carefully arranged and clearly marked on front panel
* Professionally written and illustrated instruction manual helps you understand and master every function quickly, including a guide for ensuring accurate results and getting the most from the units' advanced features
* Bulletproof construction: Rugged aluminum case, solid-state band switching, robust internal construction, and solid-state LCD display ensure that minor bumps and drops won't faze your unit
* Vital statistics: Can be powered from eight internal AA alkaline batteries or optional 12 Vdc/110 Vac adapter, sold separately