The return of a legend. The original portable Z-11 was one of LDG's most popular tuners, accompanying adventurous hams to their backyards, or to the ends of the earth. Now meet the Z-11Pro, everything you always wanted in a small, portable tuner designed from the ground up for battery operation. Only 5" x 7.7" x 1.5", and weighing only 1.5 pounds, it handles 0.1 to 125 watts, making it ideal for both QRP and standard 100 watt transceivers from 160 - 6 meters.
The Z-11ProII uses LDG’s state-of-the-art processor-controlled Switched-L tuning network. It will match dipoles, verticals, inverted-Vs or virtually any coax-fed antenna. With an optional LDG balun, it will also match longwires or antennas fed with ladder-line.
The Z-11ProII has 8,000 memories in LDG's exclusive ŗ-D Memory" array, automatically storing tuning configurations for each frequency and band as you use them, for each of four antennas on the single RF port. Frequency sensing circuitry lets the Z-11Pro “know” your operating band and frequency. Whenever you transmit on or near a frequency you’ve used before, the Z-11Pro retunes from memory almost instantly (even in SSB!). Memories are retained indefinitely.
Rugged and easy-to-read LEDs indicate SWR and status. The Z-11Pro uses latching relays which retain the tuned configuration even when powered down; current draw when not tuning is effectively zero.
For maximum flexibility, the user has the choice of many battery options; internal or external. There are solder pads on the PC board for the user to install a battery pack (not included) that best suits their needs. You could use 6 AAs and get several years of operation. If weight is a factor (for back packing), then three Lithium AAs will last about a year. If you just need a few months, the Z-11ProII will operate fine off a single 9V battery.
Control from the front panel is simple and straightforward; just press Tune while transmitting, and the Z-11ProII will begin a tuning cycle. The Z-11ProII will even tune while you talk on AM or SSB. Although not required, optional interfaces are available for most Icom, Kenwood, Yaesu and Alinco transceivers. With the interface, a single button-press transmits a carrier, executes a tuning cycle and returns the radio to its original power and mode.
Interface Cables Optional
- 0.1 to 125 watt power range (SSB and CW), 100W on 6M.
- Easy to read LED display for SWR and status.
- 8000 3-D memories for instantaneous band changing.
- Tuning time: 0.1 to 6 seconds full tune, 0.1 seconds memory tune.
- Selectable user parameters: Auto/Semi, threshold, and more.
- 1.8 to 54.0 MHz coverage. Built-in frequency sensor.
- Tunes 6 to 1000 ohm loads (16 to 150 on 6M), 6 to 4000 ohms with optional 4:1 Balun.
- For Dipoles, Verticals, Vs, Beams or and Coax Fed Antenna.
- Optional external Balun allows tuning of random length, long wire or ladder line fed antennas.
- Power requirements: 8 to 16 volts DC at 300 mA Max. 25 uA standby current.
- User installable battery holder (not supplied).
- Small Size Enclosure: 7.7L” x 5.0W” x 1.5H”. Weight: 1.5 pounds.