Power Genius XL
FlexRadio 1500W Solid State Amplifier (Power Genius XL™)
The Power Genius XL is a 100% duty cycle, legal limit (1500W) 1.8-54 MHz RF amplifier intended for both amateur and government use. It incorporates a pair of modern BLF188 LDMOS transistors that are individually capable of 1.5 kW thus providing plenty of headroom for lowest IMD and spurious output. Efficiency and spurious performance are also enhanced through the use of diplexed filters.
Multiple band selection methods are supported including CAT, CI-V, BCD band decode and Ethernet. When connected to a FLEX-6000 transceiver, band selection is fully automated through the Ethernet connection. Even T/R control is provided over the Ethernet connection to further minimize wiring. In addition, all amplifier status reporting including power levels, fault conditions and resets are reported to the FLEX-6000 Signature Series transceiver using the SmartSDR API. SmartSDR client interfaces such as SmartSDR for Windows, Maestro and others can display power levels and other reported statuses.
For remote operation with other HF radio exciters, an Ethernet API or friendly Windows and Android applications can control the amplifier. For contest operation, the amplifier is SO2R capable with two inputs and two outputs for two sources and antennas and the rapid band switching eliminates the need for two amplifiers. A single FLEX-6700 and Power Genius XL comprises a complete SO2R station at half the cost of competing solutions.
The Power Genius XL amplifier will be priced competitively with specific pricing and availability announced after FCC and CE certification has been achieved. Power Genius XL will be packaged to complement FlexRadio’s FLEX-6000 Signature Series transceivers.
Amplifier Feature Highlights
- 1.8–54 MHz coverage
- Full legal power 1500W (ICAS), in all modes
- Fully SO2R capable
- Ultra fast SWR protection
- Ethernet API integration with FLEX-6000
- First ever harmonic level display
- Exceptional spurious performance using of diplexed filters
- 70dB nominal isolation between exciter inputs
- Remote control over the Internet
- CAT, Band decoder, LAN interface for operation with other exciters
- RF Power Output (max): 1500W (ICAS)
- Exciter Drive Level: 50W
- Transistors: Ampelon BLF188 LDMOS x 2
- Exciter Inputs:1 SO-239 x 2
- Antenna Outputs: SO-239 x 2
- Antenna Impedance (w/o tuner): 50 Ohm Unbalanced
- Cooling: Thermostatically controlled fans
- Height: 5" (13 cm)
- Width: 13" (33 cm)
- Depth: 17" (43 cm)
- Weight: 33 lbs (15 kgs)
- Operating Temperature Range: TBD
- Input Voltage:2 90 – 250VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Power Supply: Modular internal switching
Specifications subject to change without notice.
2-Maximum RF power output achieved using 220 VAC