FT-991A All-Band Multimode Portable Transceiver
The FT-991A is the next generation in all mode, all band MF/HF/VHF/UHF transceiver with C4FM (System Fusion) Digital capability. The FT-991A includes multi-mode operation on CW, AM, FM, SSB, and Digital Modes (Packet, PSK31, RTTY and C4FM), with 100 Watts of HF/50mhz Capability (50 Watts VHF/UHF).
The New FT-991A now includes a high-resolution full colour 3.5" TFT Touch panel for superior operability and visibility, incorporating a High Speed Spectrum and High Resolution real-time scope with ASC (Automatic Spectrum-scope control) built right in.
The FT-991A is designed for the most competitive operating situations, with a suite of new features to enhance the experience. Whether you primarily operate at home, mobile or in the field, the FT-991A will provide outstanding fundamental performance plus give you easy access to the full range of exciting modes available on the ham bands today.
Real-Time Spectrum Scope with Automatic Scope Control (ASC)
The new dynamic real-time spectrum scope gives radio operators the ability to graphically view the location of signals on the band while they listen to the received audio allowing them to quickly move to the desired signal. The strength of signals on the band can readily be seen on the Multi-colour waterfall display. Chronological order colour differentiation allows operators to easily recognize weak signals at a glance; signals that might otherwise be missed on the spectrum scope.
Advanced Spectrum Scope with ASC (Automatic Spectrum-Scope Control) located just below the LCD display gives the operator all the information for comfortable QSO on the DXing scene.
Multi-Colour Waterfall Display
The FT-991A now includes a Real-time Multi-coloured waterfall display that enables you to quickly and easily identify and pick out signals without the need to mute the receive audio.
State of the Art 32-bit Digital Signal Processing System
Recognizing an all-important Golden Rule Amateur Radio - “You cannot work them if you cannot hear them”– the FT 991A features a rugged state-of-the-art highly balanced receiver circuit configuration. The high-speed floating point TMS320C6746 DSP chip (3000 MIPS / 2250 MFLOPS) from Texas Instruments used in the receiver design guarantees excellent interference rejection with actual signals under real-world conditions, not only on HF but also in the VHF and UHF bands.
3kHz Roofing Filter for Enhanced Performance
The FT-991A now includes a 3Khz roofing filter for the triple conversion receiver that effective attenuates interfering signals and enables outstanding performance while still producing high quality audio.
High Accuracy TCXO
+/-0.5PPM High Resolution DDS/PLL local Oscillator included as part of the standard package.
3.5 Inch Display
The FT-991A could not provide functions easier than at your fingertips with a 3.5" Full Colour TFT Display for Superior Operability and Visibility.
100 Watts of Solid Performance
The RF Amplifier in the FT-991A provides a clean and solid 100 Watts of Operating Power (50 Watts VHF/UHF) and is combined with a large heat-sink and forced air automatic cooling fan to increase operating time and prevent overheating.
Compact, Lightweight & Portable
The FT-991A Comes in a compact, lightweight package suitable for portable, mobile and base installations. Measuring 8.8"(W) x 3" (H) x 9.9" (L) at just 9.7 pounds this robust full featured mobile/portable radio is ready to go when and where you are!
Internal Automatic Antenna Tuner
Internal High Speed Automatic Antenna Tuner included in the package. The antenna tuner uses a LC switching network that has a large capacity 100 channel memory. The tuning data is automatically memorized to reduce tuning time when changing frequency.
The FT-991A can be connected to a computer using a USB cable for CAT control and firmware updates, or the use of an integrated SCU-17 Interface Unit to support USB Audio In/Out, TX Control (PTT, Key, Shift).
- Dynamic Real Time Spectrum Scope *NEW!
- Multi-Colour Waterfall Display *NEW!
- 160 Metres through 70 Centimetres - SSB/CW/FM/C4FM Digital/AM
- 100 Watts (2 Metre / 70 Centimetre: 50 Watts) of Solid Output Power Performance
- 3.5 inch TFT Full-Colour Touch Panel Operation for Superior Operability and Visibility
- Advanced Functions such as High-Quality Audio Transmission, AMS, and Group Monitor utilizing C4FM Digital*
- Triple Conversion Circuit (SSB/CW/AM) /Double Conversion (FM/C4FM) Configuration, 1st IF is set at 69.450 MHz
- Roofing Filters 3 kHz and 15 kHz as standard equipment
- IF WIDTH and IF SHIFT providing great QRM Rejection
- CONTOUR, DNR, IF Notch and APF (Audio Peak Filter, CW only)
- 160 - 6 Metres High Speed Automatic Antenna Tuner included
- High Accuracy TCXO ±0.5 ppm
- Built-in Electronic Keyer
- CW Message Memory with Beacon Mode
- CW Pitch / Sidetone Control
- Automatic Repeater Shift
- USB Connector (CAT control, Audio interface, PTT/SHIFT control)
- Two Antenna Connectors (HF/50MHz, 144/430MHz)
- Optional FC-40 Automatic Antenna Tuner (for long wire antenna) is connectable
- Optional ATAS-120A Active Tuning Antenna is connectable
* Data FR mode (high speed data communication mode) is not supported, and transmission and reception of image data by C4FM digital is not possible
- Hand Microphone (MH-31A8J)
- DC Power Cord
- Spare Fuse (25A)
- Operating Manual
- Warranty Card
|RX 30 kHz - 56 MHz, 118 MHz - 164 MHz, 420 MHz - 470 MHz||Specified performance, Amateur bands only|
|TX 1.8 MHz - 54 MHz, 144 MHz - 148 MHz, 430 MHz - 450 MHz||Amateur bands only|
|A1A(CW), A3E(AM), J3E(LSB, USB), F7W(C4FM), F3E(FM), F1D(PACKET), F2D(PACKET)|
|SSB/CW/FM AM Carrier|
|160- 6 Metres||100 W 25 W|
|2 Meters/70 Centimetres||50 W 12.5 W|
Web DescriptionATAS-120This product is currently on order
Web DescriptionATAS-25In stock
Web DescriptionCT-39In stock
Web DescriptionCT-58This product requires special order.
Web DescriptionFC-40This product requires special order.
Web DescriptionFH-2This product requires special order.
Web DescriptionFP-1030AThis product is currently on order
Web DescriptionMD-100A8XIn stock
Web DescriptionMH-36E8JThis product is currently on order