Yaesu FTM-400DR 12.5 kHz C4FM/FDMA 144/430MHz Dual Band Digital Mobile Transceiver
A built-in 3.5-inch TFT full color touch panel high resolution display provides excellent operability and visibility. The icon symbols, multi-function key display and pop-up messages are all displayed in high-resolution color thanks to the full-color, high luminance TFT liquid crystal screen. The settings and status of the wireless devices are displayed in an easy-to-understand format. You can perform various function operations simply and easily by gently touching the screen. Even taking snapshots and immediately sending them over your FTM-400DR is easy! Simply connect an MH-85A11U (option) microphone with camera. Press the microphone shutter button to take snapshots, and then the image data can be displayed on the screen, and easily sent to other C4FM FDMA digital transceivers.
The most attractive benefit of digital communication is its ability to transfer large amounts of data. The new FTM-400DR uses 12.5 kHz C4FM FDMA digital modulation mode to enable high speed data communication handling capability and reliable voice communication with strong error correction performance.
The new FTM-400DR provides 4 modes, V/D mode, Voice FR mode, Data FR mode and Analog FM mode.
- V/D mode is Voice and Data communication in the same time frame. Stable and reliable digital voice and data communications are maintained using extraordinarily strong error correction capabilities. This mode will be the basic mode of C4FM FDMA Digital HAM radio.
- Voice FR mode uses the full rate of data capacity for voice data. This mode enables you to transfer clear,high quality voice data.
- Data FR mode uses the full rate of data capacity for transfering data. This mode enables you to transfer large amounts of data, text messages, images, and voice memo data with double speed in V/D mode.
- Analog FM mode is effective when weak signal strength causes audio drop out in the digital mode, and enables communication up to the borderline of the noise level.
The new FTM-400DR includes an Automatic Mode Select (AMS) function to identify these 4 modes and select them automatically when the radio receives a signal.
We included additional features in the FTM-400DR to make it standard digital communication equipment for all Amateur Radio operators such as Smart Navigation and Digital Group Monitor using position data and ID data transmitting during communication.
- C4FM FDMA Digital 12.5 kHz Bandwidth
- V/D Mode, Voice FR Mode, Data FR Mode and Analog FM
- AMS (Automatic Mode Select)
- 3.5 inFull Color TFT and Advanced Touch-Panel Operation
- Built-in GPS Antenna (Controller)
- Smart Navigation
- Snapshot Function and Transmitting Image Data
- Snapshot Picture is Displayed on Full Color TFT Screen
- Digital Group Monitor
- 1200 bps / 9600 bps APRS® Function
- V/V, U/U, V/U Dual Watch
- Real Time Band Scope Function
- microSD Card Slot
- Bluetooth® Hands-free operation (Optional BU-2 and BH-2A are required.)