Yaesu FT DX 1200 HF/50MHz Transceiver
The FT DX 1200 provides up to 100 Watts on SSB, CW, FM, and AM (25 Watts carrier) and a rugged state of the art highly balanced receiver circuit configuration for top performance on today’s crowded bands. Similar to the high-end “YAESU FT DX” series, it uses 32-bit high speed floating point DSP for renowned proven performance.
A built-in 4.3-in TFT wide full colour High Resolution Display with loads of information provides superior operability and visibility for the FT DX 1200 user. A Spectrum Scope located just below the LCD display gives the operator all the information needed to place them at the right place on the band with the right receiver set-up to have a satisfying experience with a casual QSO chat or while digging out a rare desired weak signal contact.
Optional Accessories are offered to provide very desirable additional features that make the FT DX 1200 a flexible true high performance platform for all hams – no matter what mode they chose to operate.
160 through 6 Meters - SSB/CW/FM/AM/Digital
With efficient dimensions of 14.4" x 4.5" x 12.3" (W x H x D) and weighing in at only 20.9 pounds, the FT DX 1200 is a solidly packed transceiver ready to give very high performance on all Amateur Radio bands from 160 to 6 meters.
- General Coverage Reception from 30 kHz to 56 MHz
- FM & AM - Wide and Narrow modes included
100 Watts of Solid Performance
The RF Final Amplifier produces a clean 100 watt (some modes less) transmit signal. A large heat sink is combined with the die cast aluminum chassis for efficient heat dissipation. A cooling fan located beside the final amplifier and the TX Low Pass Filter ventilates the heat away from inside of the transceiver cabinet. This large axial flow fan is mechanically isolated from the chassis to reduce vibration and noise. The speed of the fan is continuously controlled by the temperature of the PA amplifier; starting at 40 degree C.
Antenna Tuner Included
High Speed Automatic Antenna Tuner included. The antenna tuner uses LC switching. It has a large capacity 100 channel memory; the tuning data is automatically memorized to reduce tuning time when changing frequency.
Smooth Main Tuning Knob Feel
The Main Tuning Knob, made from marchined aluminum parts, has the solid feeling of a largre flyweheel, while being nimble and smooth in operation. Each user may set his/her favorite torque feeling of the Main Dial rotation.
The FT DX 1200 can be connected to a PC with a USB cable through the use of an optional SCU-17 Interfeace Unit. This unit will support CAT, USB Audio In/Out, TX control (PTT, Key, Shift), and firmware updates.
Remote Control From A Distant Location
External control (CAT) is possible using Serial Port or the optional SCU-17 USB Interface Unit. This feature means the FT DX 1200 can be remotely controlled from a distant location!
Big TFT Full-Colour Display For Superior Operability and Visibility
The FT DX 1200 presents a wide view angle, high contrast LCD 4.3 inch TFT impressive full colour display that provides a convenient view of the radio’s working functions. Superior operability is realized with this convenient display. It permits excellent visibility from different viewpoints. Even with the many FT DX 1200 features and functions, the TFT display makes operation of the radio easy and comfortable.
- A Block Diagram Displays RX Signal Path
- Choose Analog Type or Bar Graph Meter
- Separate VFO-A, VFO-B Transmit and Receive Frequency Display
- Bandwidth of the spectrum scope: 20kHz, 50kHz, 100kHz, 200kHz, 500kHz, or 1MHz
- TX and RX markers appear during “spit” operation
- Level Indicator
The function names and the setting levels of the following functions are shown in the TFT main display when a function knob is rotated: Clarifier, Microphone Gain, Speech Processor, SHIFT, WIDTH, KEYER SPEED and CONTOUR
- Cursor Keys
Six keys that are used frequently in normal operation are located at the left side of the TFT display. Other functions can be operated by pressing the "SCOPE" key which changes the "Spectrum Scope screen" to "Function Key Display screen". Even if the radio is turned off, the last operated Key Function is memorized and highlighted.
- Spectrum Scope
The FT DX 1200 has a standard automatic sweeping high speed spectrum scope in line with dial operations. The spectrum scope function that allows for an instant view of the signals, their strengths and distribution within a band is supplied as standard. The spectrum scope sweep function has two modes available: the normal mode, where the band is swept once when the SELECT button is pressed, and the AUTO mode where the band is automatically swept at preset intervals. No receive audio is generated during sweeping, but as sweeping is done at an extremely high speed this is a brief instant of approximately 300 msec. If the operator quickly operates the main dial to make a big frequency change in AUTO mode, an automatic sweep is performed and the display is refreshed. This enables frequency tuning while checking the spectrum in real time. The moment tuning is halted the receive frequency audio is resumed; as no sweeping is performed during slow frequency changes to tune in to another station, there is no interruption to the receive audio. Operation therefore feels natural and is without stress. Additonal scope .
Features Include :
- Six different options: 20 kHz, 50 kHz, 100 kHz, 200 kHz, 500 kHz and 1 MHz.
- TX and RX markers are displayed in the spectrum scope, enabling the user to confirm the relationship between the receive and transmit frequencies at a glance. This is particularly useful in the case of split operation.
- Full TFT screen signal spectrum can be viewed in detail by simply pressing the SCOPE key.
- Optional FFT-1 Unit provides the following additional features:
- AF-FFT (Audio Frequency Fast Fourier Transform) scope. This AF-FFT function was first demonstrated in the FT DX 9000 series. With this Scope, the audio characteristics of the received signals; the effect of adjusting the RX IF filter performance; and utilizing the QRM rejection features, may be visually observed. It is also possible to observe the TX audio characteristics of your own signal while using the Monitor function. This is very effective for tuning the parametric equalizer for voice characteristics and the microphone audio.
- RTTY/PSK31 Encode Decode
- CW Decode
- CW Auto Zero-in